The Muskingum women's basketball team will visit Otterbein on Saturday, December 16 for a 3:00 p.m. tip-off.
Game: Muskingum at Otterbein – 3:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: otterbeincardinals.com).
Records: Muskingum 2-4 overall, 1-2 OAC; Otterbein 5-3 overall, 2-1 OAC
- Muskingum was defeated, 66-55, on Saturday afternoon against Baldwin Wallace in the Anne C. Steele Center. Senior Olivia Besancon scored a team-best 19 points and grabbed six rebounds, while Senior Alexandra Carson contributed 14 points, six rebounds, four steals, and three assists.
- Carson ranks second on the team in points per game with 11.2 and is averaging 3.3 assists per game, which ranks her ninth in the conference.
- Besancon is first on the team and in the OAC in points per game (17.5), while she is ninth in the league in rebounds per game (7.0).
- Junior Dana Parkman is fifth in the conference in rebounds per game (8.2).
- For free throw percentage, Besancon is second (.906), Carson is third (.900), Emily Yeager is fifth (.833), and Caitlyn Smith is tied for seventh (.800) in the OAC.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in free throw percentage (.823), fourth in steals per game (8.2), and forth in rebounds per game (42.5) in the OAC.
- Last season, the Muskies beat Otterbein at home, 71-66, and lost on the road, 69-66.
- Otterbein is coming off a 62-60 win against Capital on Saturday afternoon.
- Three Cardinals players are scoring in double-digits.
- Senior Kiersten Taylor is ranked first on the team and third in the OAC in points per game with 15.5. For the Cardinals, she is tied for first in rebounds per game (7.0) and is 11th in the conference.
- Junior Dani Kissel is second on the team in points per game (12.5) and is hitting .423 (11-of-26) from the arc.
- Junior Ali Cartnal is averaging 10.4 points per game and is making .357 (15-of-42) from the three-point line. She is also tossing 3.1 assists per game, which is seventh best in the league.
- Sophomore Abbie Scholz is also averaging 7.0 rebounds per game and is 10th in the league.
- Otterbein ranks third in the OAC in assists per game (15.6), fourth in free throw percentage (.724), and fifth in three-point percentage (.318) and field goal percentage (.408).