The Muskingum women's basketball team was defeated, 65-55, on Saturday afternoon against Baldwin Wallace in the Anne C. Steele Center.
- Records: Muskingum (2-4 overall, 1-2 OAC), Baldwin Wallace (4-3 overall, 1-2 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- Hoops for Hunger: The game marked Muskingum's annual Hoops for Hunger contest - with all donations going to the College Drive Presbyterian Food Pantry.
Inside the Numbers
- Olivia Besancon scored a team-best 19 points and grabbed six rebounds.
- Alexandra Carson contributed 14 points, six rebounds, four steals, and three assists.
- Emily Yeager tabbed a new career-high 12 points and six rebounds.
- Dana Parkman snagged a team-high seven rebounds.
- Muskingum shot .288 (19-of-66) from the floor, .207 from the arc (6-of-29) and made 100% of its free throws (11-of-11).
- Hannah Fecht finished with a double-double, 19 points and 10 rebounds, while Kasey Hughes also registered 19 points to lead the Yellow Jackets offense.
- Katie Smith produced 15 points, hitting 5-of-8, from the field.
- Baldwin Wallace shot .377 (20-of-53) from the floor, .412 (14-of-34) from the arc, and .667 from the free-throw line (12-of-18).
The first quarter was a slow one for both teams and neither could notch a point until the 6:21 marker when Kacie Leppla made a layup. Muskingum struggled on the glass, while Baldwin Wallace offense scored seven points to Muskingum's three during the last 2:30 of the first quarter to lead 15-7. The Yellow Jackets extended their lead, 23-7, in the second quarter, after scoring a jumper and a three-pointer with 6:26 on the clock. From the 5:08 marker until the 2:09 marker, the Muskies went on an 11-2 run to make it an eight-point contest, 26-18. Baldwin Wallace registered back-to-back-to-back three's to close out the first half with a 35-18 advantage.
The Yellow Jackets offense continued to flow at the start of the third quarter as they increased the lead, 41-23, with 7:13 remaining. Three-pointers by Yeager at the 3:49 and 2:53 spots got Muskingum within 11, 49-38, at the end of the third. Baldwin Wallace made three free throws in the first 36 seconds of the fourth quarter, but neither team scored again until the 7:36 point. Besancon and Carson notched back-to-back layups to make it a 10-point game, 52-42. The Muskies got within nine points, 64-55, with 1:01 left off a three-pointer from Yeager, but that was the closest the Muskies would get.
- Muskingum will travel to Westerville, Ohio to take on Otterbein on Saturday, December 16 for a 3:00 p.m. tip-off.