The Muskingum women's basketball team fell, 63-56, at Capital on Thursday night.
- Records: Muskingum (2-3 overall, 1-1 OAC), Capital (3-3 overall, 1-1 OAC)
- Location: Columbus, Ohio – The Capital Center
Inside the Numbers
- Olivia Besancon paced the Muskies offense with 14 points, seven rebounds, and three assists.
- Emily Yeager added 10 points and four rebounds.
- Caitlyn Smith chipped in nine points.
- Stephanie Clark grabbed a team-high eight rebounds, while Dana Parkman added seven rebounds.
- Muskingum shot .300 (18-of-60) from the floor, .273 from the arc (6-of-22) and made .824 of their free throws (14-of-17).
- Capital had four players collect double-digit scoring.
- Annika Wachtman and Carlie Hulette led Capital with 15 points each.
- Caroline Taphorn notched 12 points and seven rebounds.
- Elle Folan added 10 points.
- Regan Stonerock snagged a team-high 10 rebounds.
- The Crusaders shot .305 (18-of-59) from the floor, .294 (5-of-17) from the arc, and .759 from the free throw line (22-of-29).
The first quarter was a back-and-forth scoring spree between the two squads as there were three ties and six lead changes. During the final 42 seconds, it was a three-point battle as Capital registered two three's to Muskingum's one to pull ahead, 22-17. Muskingum's defense was solid in the second quarter as they only allowed eight points scored and collected 11 made points. Despite MU's defensive efforts, Capital led 30-28 at the half.
Muskingum started the third quarter on the right note as Besancon drilled a three-pointer to give the Muskies the lead back, 31-30. The Muskingum defense continued to flourish in the third as they held Capital to nine points while accruing 15 points to lead, 43-39, at the end of the frame. Muskingum sustained the lead into the fourth quarter, 49-48, until the final 3:28 mark. From that point forward, Capital closed out the game on a 15-7 run which included the Crusaders hitting 11-of-12 from the charity stripe to seal the comeback win.
- Muskingum will welcome Baldwin Wallace to New Concord on Saturday, December 9. The game is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m. and marks Muskingum's Hoops for Hunger contest. Fans will receive free admission with a canned food or non-perishable item donation. All donations will be donated to the New Concord Food Pantry.