The Muskingum women's basketball team dropped a heartbreaker on Senior Day against Heidelberg on Saturday afternoon. The Student Princes scored the game-winning basket with one second remaining on the clock to stun the Muskies, 79-77. The loss ended the Muskies' season.
- Records: Muskingum (10-15 overall, 6-12 Ohio Athletic Conference), Heidelberg (9-16 overall, 6-12 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
Inside the Numbers
- Prior to the contest Muskingum recognized senior Mallory Taylor.
- Taylor connected on a pair of clutch free throws with 22 seconds remaining in the contest to give the Muskies the slim 75-74 advantage.
- The Student Princes answered using efficient free throw shooting to regain the 77-75 lead.
- With eight seconds remaining, Muskingum revved up the defense forcing a Heidelberg turnover and foul.
- Junior Olivia Besancon approached the line for the Muskies connecting on 1-of-2 free throws tying the game at 77-77.
- With the ball in the front court, Heidelberg used an inbound lob to Marisa Liburdi for the game-winning layup.
- The Muskies finished the season in a three-way tie for seventh in the league. However, Muskingum missed the OAC Tournament reserved for the top eight teams in the OAC due to Heidelberg and Capital holding tiebreaker advantages against the Muskies.
- Taylor led the way for the Muskies recording her career eighth double-double. The senior ended her final outing with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Junior Stephanie Clark also finished with a double-double for the Muskies with 12 points and 15 rebounds.
- Besancon connected for a team-high 24 points and dished out three assists.
- Muskingum ended the outing 25-for-63 (.397) from the floor and 20-for-28 (.714) from the free throw line.
- Heidelberg was led by Theresa Jackson with a game-high 29 points and nine rebounds.
- The Student Princes finished the contest 27-for-66 (.409) from the field.
- The game saw 15 lead changes and 12 ties.