The Muskingum women's basketball team dropped a heartbreaker in the final minutes to nationally-ranked Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon, 86-78. The Muskies also held its annual Pink Game raising money for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Records: Muskingum (10-11 overall, 6-8 Ohio Athletic Conference), Ohio Northern (21-0, 14-0 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Junior Hallie Stocker recorded a team-high 17 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Muskingum junior Olivia Besancon finished with 16 points, including four three-pointers.
- Senior Mallory Taylor added 14 points, shooting a perfect 7-for-7 (1.00) from the free throw line.
- As a team, Muskingum shot 25-for-62 (.403) from the field and connected for 10 three-pointers.
- Northern was led by Amy Bullimore with a double-double grabbing 14 rebounds and netting 16 points.
- The Polar Bears edged the Muskies in rebounds by a 36-34 margin.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum used a 10-5 run against the Polar Bears to start the first period, en route to the 20-15 lead entering the second period.
- Bullimore led the second-period charge for Northern as she netted nine points and cut the Muskie lead to 33-31 at the break.
- In the opening five minutes of the third period, ONU regained the lead, 38-34, following a 7-0 run.
- The Muskies battled back erasing a seven-point deficit in the fourth period to tie the contest at 60-60.
- The Polar Bears connected on 9-of-10 (.900) free throws in the final minute to secure the win.
- Muskingum returns to action Wednesday, February 8 at Mount Union. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.