Jan 28, 2017
- Records: Muskingum (10-9 overall, 6-6 OAC), John Carroll (5-14 overall, 3-8 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- With the win, Muskingum sweeps John Carroll for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
- Smith posted her career-best after hitting 11-for-12 (.916) from the free-throw line. The junior also dished out three assists and grabbed four rebounds.
- Parkman went 8-for-13 (.615) from the floor en route to her career-high. The sophomore finished with six rebounds.
- Junior Hallie Stocker also netted 17 points for the Muskies, connecting on 4-of-7 (.571) from behind the arc.
- Junior Stephanie Clark collected a game-high 18 rebounds, including 13 defensive boards.
- Muskingum ended the outing shooting 26-for-67 (.388) from the floor and grabbed a game-high 53 rebounds.
- The Blue Streaks finished with four players in double-digits.
- John Carroll was led by Katlyn Spahar with a game-high 21 points.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum charged out to a 20-14 lead after the opening period. The Muskies shot 7-for-17 (.412) from the floor, including 3-for-6 (.500) from behind the arc.
- John Carroll answered the Muskingum surge by outscoring the Muskies 23-14 in the second period to take the 37-34 half-time advantage.
- Muskingum opened the second-half with a 13-0 run to capture the 47-37 lead with 5:33 remaining in the third period.
- Senior Mallory Taylor connected on a pair of free-throws in the final minute to put Muskingum on top 59-55 entering the fourth quarter.
- The Muskies outscored the Blue Streaks 27-23 in the final period to claim the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Wednesday, February 1 as they travel to Wilmington. Game-time is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.