Jan 25, 2017
Capital staged a second half comeback to topple the Muskies in Ohio Athletic Conference action Wednesday, 77-73.
- Records: Muskingum (9-9 overall, 5-6 OAC), Capital (9-9 overall, 5-6 OAC)
- Location: Columbus, Ohio - Capital Center
- Muskingum finished with five players in double-digits.
- Sophomore Dana Parkman led the way recording her first double-double of the season scoring 13 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
- Junior Caitlyn Smith tied a team-best 13 points.
- Juniors Hallie Stocker and Alexandra Carson chipped in 11 points each, while senior Mallory Taylor netted 10 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 20-for-64 (.313) from the floor, including 28-of-34 (.824) from the free throw line.
- Annika Wachtman led the way for Capital recording a game-high 22 points and 10 rebounds.
- Emily Ondo connected for 19 points, while Meredith Ovies added 10 points.
- Capital shot .394 (28-for-71) from the field.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum entered halftime with a slim 33-29 advantage.
- With 6:58 remaining in the third period, the Muskies claimed its largest lead of the contest before an 8-2 run gave the Crusaders the 45-44 lead.
- The Muskies trailed for much of the fourth period before a jumper and free throw by Smith put them on top 73-71 with :30 seconds remaining.
- Capital shot a perfect 4-for-4 (1.00) from the free throw line in the final seconds en route to the victory.
- The Muskies return to action Saturday, January 28 as they welcome John Carroll to the Anne C. Steele Center. Game time is scheduled for 3:00 PM.