The Muskingum women's basketball team finished the contest 26-for-60 (.433) from the field, including 10-for-22 (.455) from three-pointer to defeat Mount Union Wednesday evening in Ohio Athletic Conference action, 88-83.
- Records: Muskingum (9-7 overall, 5-4 OAC), Mount Union (9-7 overall, 4-5 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Muskingum finished with five players in double-digits.
- Senior Mallory Taylor led the way for the Muskies netting 15 points and pulling down nine rebounds.
- Sophomore Dana Parkman added 14 points on 5-of-9 (.555) shooting from the field.
- Juniors Caitlyn Smith, Olivia Besancon and Alexandra Carson finished the contest with 12 points each.
- Mount Union was led by Erin White with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds.
- Abbey Bartoszewicz finished with 17 points for the Purple Raiders.
- Mount Union edged the Muskies in rebounds by a 42-38 margin.
- The Muskies pushed the tempo early as Parkman erupted for eight first period points en route to the 20-15 advantage.
- Muskingum shot a perfect 8-for-8 (1.00) from the free-throw line in the period.
- Muskingum continued its hot shooting as freshman Morgan Gossett connected from behind the arc with 2:38 remaining giving the Muskies its largest lead of the contest, 47-32.
- The Muskies shot 11-for-20 (.550) in the second quarter and drained an additional five three-pointers.
- Mount Union rallied in the third period out scoring the Muskies 22-21, cutting the deficit to 69-57.
- Jamie Sanborn led the Raider attack shooting a perfect 3-for-3 (1.00) from the field.
- Muskingum used efficient free-throw shooting in the final minute of action to hold off the charging Raiders and claim the 88-83 victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, January 21 as they travel to Baldwin Wallace. Tip-off is set for 2:00 PM.