Jan 11, 2017
The Muskingum women's basketball team dropped a pivotal Ohio Athletic Conference contest against Wilmington Wednesday evening, 67-60.
- Records: Muskingum (8-6 overall, 4-3 OAC), Wilmington (9-5 overall, 5-2 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Muskingum finished with three players in double figures.
- Senior Mallory Taylor paced the Muskie offense netting 16 points, while junior Alexandra Carson chipped in 14 points and junior Caitlyn Smith added 10 points.
- Junior Stephanie Clark grabbed a team-high nine rebounds.
- The Muskies shot 23-for-70 (.329) from the field and forced 19 Wilmington turnovers.
- Muskingum edged the Quakers in bench points 12-8.
- Wilmington was led by Mackenzie Campbell's double-double, scoring 21 points and hauling in 13 boards.
- Ashley Andracki added 15 points, while Emily Harman finished with 12 points for the Quakers.
- Wilmington shot 24-for-57 (.421) from the field, including 13-for-16 (.813) from the free throw line.
- The Quakers held a 47-39 edge in rebounds.
- Wilmington used a 7-0 run in the opening minutes to take the 18-12 first-period advantage.
- Muskingum rallied in the second period outscoring the Quakers 15-14.
- In the third period, the Quakers extended its lead to 51-35 on 7-of-16 shooting from the field.
- The Muskies fourth quarter comeback fell short despite outscoring Wilmington 25-16.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, January 14 as they travel to Ohio Northern. Game time is slated for 3:00 PM.