Jan 07, 2017
The Muskingum women's basketball team slipped in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Heidelberg on Saturday afternoon, 69-63.
- Records: Muskingum (8-5 overall, 4-2 OAC), Heidelberg (6-7 overall, 3-3 OAC)
- Location: Tiffin, Ohio
- Muskingum sophomore Dana Parkman scored a career-best 13 points and had four rebounds.
- Muskie junior Caitlyn Smith had 12 points and four steals.
- Junior Alexander Carson logged a 10-point, five-assist effort.
- Junior Olivia Bescanon scored nine points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Muskingum shot .364 (24-of-66) from the field and hauled in 43 rebounds.
- The Muskies held a 34-20 edge in points in the paint.
- Maggie Davault led Heidelberg with 13 points and three rebounds.
- Theresa Jackson added 12 points and seven rebounds for the Student Princes.
- Kate Brickner scored 11 points and had three rebounds.
- Heidelberg shot .386 (27-of-70) from the floor and grabbed 47 rebounds.
- Heidelberg held a 37-24 in bench points.
- Muskingum took an 18-12 lead after the opening period.
- Heidelberg responded and outscored the Muskies 22-9 in the second period to take a 34-27 lead into intermission.
- The Student Princes extended their lead to 56-40 with a 22-13 third-period advantage.
- The Muskies rallied in the final frame but fell short after outscoring Heidelberg 23-13.
- Muskingum next hosts OAC foe Wilmington on Wednesday, January 11. Game time is slated for 7:30 p.m. in the Anne C. Steele Center and will feature live video and live stats on fightingmuskies.com.