Jan 04, 2017
The Muskingum women's basketball team powered past rival Marietta in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Wednesday night, 75-62.
- Records: Muskingum (8-4 overall, 4-1 OAC), Marietta (7-5 overall, 1-4 OAC)
- Location: Marietta, Ohio - Ban Johnson Arena
- Attendance: 231
- Senior Mallory Taylor led the Muskies with her third double-double of the season. She scored a game-high 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Taylor connected on 9-of-15 shots from the floor, which included hitting 4-of-6 from behind the arc.
- Junior Hallie Stocker added 14 points on 5-of-9 shooting, which included hitting 4-of-7 three-point shots.
- Junior Olivia Besancon chipped in eight points and three assists.
- Senior Caitlyn Smith had four points, four rebounds and two assists.
- Muskingum ended the outing with 19 assists and 45 rebounds.
- Muskingum hit 12 three-pointers on the evening.
- Marietta was led by Corrie Burkhardt who registered a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- The Muskie defensive pressure held the Pioneers to a .313 (20-of-64) shooting percentage.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum led 19-17 at the end of the first period.
- The Muskies took a 38-26 lead into the break.
- In the third period, Muskingum stretched its lead to 52-32 on a Stocker three-pointer.
- Muskingum led for nearly 33 minutes of the game.
- With the win, Muskingum moved to 4-1 in league play and remained in second place in the OAC.
- Muskingum returns to action at Heidelberg on Saturday, January 7. Game time is slated for 3:00 p.m.