Dec 29, 2016
Muskingum senior Mallory Taylor posted a double-double to lead the Muskies past Sewanee 88-77 Thursday afternoon on the final day of the Sewanee Tournament.
- Records: Muskingum (7-4 overall), Sewanee (3-7 overall)
- Location: Sewanee, Tenn. - Juhan Gymnasium
- Taylor posted her second double-double of the season netting 19 points and pulling down 13 rebounds.
- Junior Olivia Besancon chipped in 18 points, while junior Hallie Stocker added 15 points and junior Alexandra Carson finished with 12 points.
- Sophomore Dana Parkman hauled in nine rebounds.
- Muskingum finished the contest shooting 31-for-72 (.431) from the field and 14-for-34 (.412) from behind the arc.
- Sewanee was led by Bella Taylor with a game-high 24 points.
- Hannah McCormack finished with 19 points and Corey Caulder added 12 points.
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum jumped out to a 24-21 lead after the first period.
- Taylor led the Muskies with 14 points, shooting a perfect 4-for-4 (1.00) from the field.
- With 4:38 to play in the second period, Carson sparked a 9-0 run giving Muskingum its largest lead of the half, 42-30.
- The Muskies finished the period shooting 9-for-19 (.474) from the field to take the 47-38 halftime advantage.
- Sewanee opened the third period with a 5-0 run to cut the deficit to 47-43.
- Junior Stephanie Clark led the Muskies in the final minute as a rebound and layup gave Muskingum the 58-53 advantage.
- With 5:27 to play in the contest, the Muskies captured its largest lead, 75-62, following a three-pointer by Besancon.
- Muskingum outscored Sewanee 30-24 in the final period to claim the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Wednesday, January 4 at Ohio Athletic Conference rival Marietta. Game time is scheduled for 7:30 PM.