Dec 28, 2016
The Muskingum women's basketball team used a fourth period rally to defeat Rhodes Wednesday evening at the Sewanee Tournament, 70-56.
- Records: Muskingum (6-4 overall), Rhodes (1-8 overall)
- Location: Sewanee, Tenn. - Juhan Gymnasium
- Junior Hallie Stocker scored a career-high 23 points to lead the Muskies. The junior shot 7-for-14 (.500) from the field, including 6-for-9 (.667) from three-point.
- Sophomore Dana Parkman chipped in a career-high 12 points, while junior Alexandra Carson added 13 points.
- Senior Mallory Taylor netted nine points and pulled down a team-high 12 rebounds.
- As a team, Muskingum shot 25-for-58 (.431) from the field and 10-for-26 (.385) from three-point land.
- Erin Deery led the way for Rhodes recording 16 points.
- Rhodes finished the contest 21-for-62 (.339) from the field.
Inside the Numbers
- Rhodes jumped out to a 20-15 lead after the first period.
- The Muskies battled back as Taylor connected from behind the arc with 8:54 remaining to take the 22-21 advantage.
- The two teams exchanged points for several minutes before Parkman hit a jumper with 2:55 remaining to knot the score at 30-30.
- Muskingum out scored Rhodes 16-14 in the second period to cut the deficit to 34-33 at the break.
- With 6:20 to play in the third frame, junior Olivia Besancon continued her hot shooting putting the Muskies on top, 37-36.
- Stocker connected from downtown as time expired to give the Muskies the 46-45 lead entering the fourth period.
- In the final period, Parkman led a Muskingum 10-0 run en route to the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Thursday as they take on Tournament host Sewanee. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 PM.