Dec 22, 2016
The Muskingum women's basketball team fell in non-conference action Thursday afternoon against no. 12-ranked Carnegie Mellon, 72-55.
- Records: Muskingum (5-4 overall), Carnegie Mellon (10-0 overall)
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pa. - Skibo Gymnasium
- Muskingum was led by junior Hallie Stocker with a team-high 16 points.
- Junior Olivia Besancon and sophomore Dana Parkman both finished with 11 points each.
- Senior Mallory Taylor chipped in eight points and pulled down a team-high 11 rebounds for the Muskies.
- Muskingum ended the outing shooting 20-for-65 (.308) from the field.
- Lisa Murphy led the way for Carnegie Mellon with a 31-point,14-rebound effort.
- Makayla Filiere added 17 points for the Tartans.
- Carnegie Mellon shot 23-for-59 (.390) from the field and 20-for-26 (.769) from the free throw line.
- The Tartans ended the outing with a 48-40 edge in rebounds and a 16-7 advantage in assists.
Inside the Numbers
- The Tartans led the entire game.
- Carnegie Mellon charged ahead in the first period outscoring the Muskies 19-8.
- In the second period, Muskingum used back-to-back three-pointers to cut the deficit to 23-14 with 7:19 to play.
- The Tartans defense surrendered just four points in the final five minutes to claim the 37-22 halftime advantage.
- Despite a second half Muskie rally, the Tartan offense deemed too much as they went on to out score Muskingum 35-33 en route to the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Wednesday, December 28 as they compete at the Sewanee Tournament in Sewanee, Tenn. Game time is scheduled for 5:00 PM.