Dec 20, 2016
The Muskingum women's basketball team used a big second-half surge to beat Otterbein in Ohio Athletic Conference action Tuesday evening at the Anne C. Steele Center, 71-66.
- Records: Muskingum (5-3 overall, 3-1 OAC), Otterbein (4-5 overall, 1-3 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
Inside the Numbers
- The Muskies erased a 37-24 halftime deficit by outscoring the Cardinals 27-12 in the fourth quarter.
- Junior Alexandra Carson connected from downtown to open the fourth period, sparking a Muskie 15-1 run.
- Senior Mallory Taylor and junior Olivia Besancon also connected from behind the arc to give Muskingum its first lead of the contest, 57-55 with 7:43 remaining.
- The Muskies continued its hot shooting from three-point land as back-to-back three-pointers from Besancon and Taylor gave Muskingum its largest lead of the contest, 65-57.
- Muskingum sank the Cardinals at the free throw line making 5-of-6 (.833) in the final minute.
- Taylor led the Muskies in the contest recording her first double-double of the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Carson added 16 points and pulled down five rebounds, while Besancon added 12 points.
- Muskingum ended the outing shooting 23-for-58 (.397) from the field. The Muskies finished 11-for-32 (.344) from three-point land, including 5 three-pointers in the fourth quarter.
- Otterbein was led by Kiersten Taylor with a double-double netting 19 points and pulling down 11 rebounds.
- Delaney Cutteridge finished with 12 points for the Cardinals.
- Otterbein shot 26-for-71 (.366) from the field and 11-for-18 (.611) from the free throw line.
- Muskingum next plays at Carnegie Mellon Thursday, December 22. Game time is slated for 2:00 PM.