Dec 18, 2016
Muskingum used a 27-10 fourth-quarter surge to sink Wooster 70-68 Sunday afternoon at the Armington Physical Education Center.
- Records: Muskingum (4-3 overall), Wooster (1-8 overall)
- Location: Wooster, Ohio - Armington Physical Education Center
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum had four athletes finish in double figures.
- Junior Alexandra Carson led the way netting 15 points and pulling down six rebounds.
- Juniors Caitlyn Smith, Olivia Besancon, and Stephanie Clark all chipped in ten points each.
- The Muskies ended the outing 23-for-68 (.338) from the field and 16-for-21 (.762) from the free throw line.
- Wooster was led in the contest by Anna Gibbs with a game-high 26 points.
- Christina Vuckovich added 12 points for the Scots.
- Wooster shot 27-for-73 (.370) from the field and 7-for-25 (.280) from three point land.
- Muskingum entered the fourth-quarter trailing 58-43 following a free throw by sophomore Dana Parkman.
- With 3:03 remaining in the contest, Carson capped off a Muskingum 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 65-63.
- Muskingum took its first lead of the game 69-68 with :23 seconds remaining as Carson completed the steal and score.
- Senior Mallory Taylor sunk the Scots at the free throw line in the final seconds to claim the win.
- Muskingum out scored Wooster 27-10 in the final period.
- Muskingum returns to action Tuesday, December 20 as they welcome Otterbein to the Anne C. Steele Center. Game time is scheduled for 7:30 PM.