Apr 19, 2017
The Muskingum softball team dropped a doubleheader at Mount Union on Wednesday afternoon in Ohio Athletic Conference action. The Purple Raiders won the opener 5-1 and claimed the nightcap, 6-5.
- Records: Muskingum (12-22 overall, 4-10 OAC), Mount Union (17-17 overall, 9-5 OAC)
- Location: Alliance, Ohio - 23rd Street Field
- The Muskies were led at the plate by sophomore Krissy Hughes with a RBI.
- Junior Haylea Debolt and junior Abigail Orr both finished the game 1-for-2.
- Senior Haley Dotson dealt the loss for Muskingum pitching a complete game allowing five runs on nine hits.
- Jessica Calhoun led Mount Union at the dish going 2-for-3 with three RBI's and a run scored.
- Allie Scali claimed the win in the circle for the Purple Raiders pitching a complete game surrendering one run on four hits.
- Muskingum scored first in the top of the third inning as Hughes reached on a Mount Union error scoring junior Melissa Maiorano, 1-0.
- Mount Union responded in the bottom half of the inning tying the contest, 1-1.
- The Purple Raider offense erupted in the bottom of the sixth inning as Calhoun homered scoring the game's final run.
- Muskingum was led by Hughes going 3-for-4 with two RBI's and a run scored.
- Thomas finished the game 2-for-4 with a RBI and two runs scored.
- Sophomore Parker Stewart dealt the loss for the Muskies pitching one inning allowing two runs on two hits.
- Mount Union was led at the dish by Brittany Baitt going 2-for-3 with one RBI and a run scored.
- In the circle, Hannah Reusser pitched a complete game striking out five.
- Hughes wasted no time putting the Muskies on the board as she doubled to left center in the top of the first inning scoring sophomore Cassie Thomas, 1-0.
- Mount Union captured the lead in the bottom half of the inning as Morgan Riley homered, 2-1.
- The Purple Raiders added two runs in the second inning and two in the fourth inning to extend their lead, 6-1.
- Muskingum capitalized on a pair of Mount Union miscues in the top of the fifth inning to cut the deficit, 6-3.
- The Muskies continued to hang around as they added two more runs in the sixth inning following a double by freshman Kasey Rininger, 6-5.
- Mount Union used a three-up, three-down seventh inning to capture the win.
- Muskingum returns to action on Saturday, April 22 as they travel to John Carroll. First pitch is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.