Sophomore Rachel Eberling blasted a home run in game two against Ohio Athletic Conference foe Capital to lead the Muskies in a doubleheader split on Wednesday. The Crusaders won the opener 4-3 in 11 innings, while the Muskies claimed the night cap, 6-2.
- Records: Muskingum (12-18 overall, 4-6 OAC), Capital (18-10 overall, 6-4 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Donna J. Newberry Field
- Weather: Sunny and 70 degrees
- Eberling led the Muskies at the plate going 1-for-3 with three RBI's and a homerun.
- Sophomore Samantha Skuce finished the game 1-for-2 with two RBI's.
- Muskingum scored six runs on nine hits.
- Ebelring got the win in the circle pitching three scoreless innings surrendering two hits.
- Chevonne Hayslett led the Crusaders going 2-for-3 with one RBI.
- The Crusaders scored the games first run in the top of the third inning and added one run in the fourth inning to claim the early 2-0 advantage.
- The Muskies captured their first lead of the contest in the bottom of the sixth inning as Skuce plated two runs on a RBI single to center.
- Muskingum scored the games final run later in the inning as Eberling homered to left center, 6-2.
- Sophomore Cassie Thomas led Muskingum at the dish going 2-for-4 with a RBI and a run scored.
- Sophomore Krissy Hughes finished the game 2-for-5 with a RBI.
- Muskingum plated three runs on nine hits.
- Senior Haley Dotson took the loss for the Muskies pitching 11 innings allowing four runs on 14 hits.
- The Crusaders were led by Kristen Mellott going 4-for-5 with two RBI's.
- Amber Martinelli claimed the win pitching a complete game surrendering nine hits.
- Muskingum jumped out to the early 3-0 lead in the bottom of the second inning following a RBI single by Thomas.
- Capital rallied scoring two runs in the top of the third, one in fifth and the game-winning run in extra innings en route to the win.
- The Muskies return to action Friday, April 14 as they host Ohio Northern. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.