Mar 19, 2017
The Muskingum softball team split its home-opening doubleheader with Thomas More Sunday afternoon winning game one, 5-4 and dropping game two, 4-2.
- Records: Muskingum (3-11 overall), Thomas More (8-4 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Donna J. Newberry Field
- Weather: Overcast and 40 degrees
- The Muskies plated five runs on six hits. Sophomore Krissy Hughes led the offensive attack going 1-for-2 with three RBI's.
- Sophomore Cassie Thomas and senior Jessica Matthews both went 1-for-3 at the dish with one RBI.
- The Muskingum offense exploded in the bottom of the fourth inning as Hughes tripled to right center scoring Thomas, junior Abigail Orr and senior Dakota DeAmicis to put the Muskies on top 4-1.
- Muskingum tacked on an insurance run in the fifth inning following a RBI single by Matthews.
- Senior Haley Dotson claimed the win in the circle pitching a complete game, surrendering four runs on six hits.
- The Saints scored four runs on 11 hits, plating one run in the first inning, two in the fourth inning and one in the sixth inning.
- The Muskie bright spot came in the seventh inning following back-to-back RBI's by DeAmicis and sophomore Rachel Eberling.
- Eberling tossed the loss for Muskingum allowing four runs on nine hits through five innings of work.
- Muskingum returns to action Tuesday, March 21 with a twinbill at Dension. First pitch is set for 3:30 p.m.