Senior Nick Despot set the new meet record in the javelin and freshman Robert Reicher set a new school record in the hammer, while the Muskingum men's outdoor track and field team tied for third place at the Amy Adams Memorial Invitational on Saturday at the Johnson Family Track.
- Muskingum scored 66 points to tie for third place in the 14-team field.
- Case Western won the event with 187 points.
On the Track
- The 4x100-meter relay team of senior Devan Boyer, freshman Chris French, freshman Kamari Spencer, and freshman Nicholas Fulton finished sixth with a time of 46.11.
- The team of freshman Samuel Cain, freshman John Franz, sophomore Jacob McGee, and senior Fred Stinson placed fifth in the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 4:09.21.
In the Field
- Senior Blake Weidner tied for first place in the high jump with a height of 1.93 meters and in the long jump with a leap of 6.58 meters.
- Senior Nick Despot captured first place and set the new meet record in the javelin with a toss of 54.95 meters, while freshman Kevin Dreyer took third with a distance of 48.65 meters.
- Junior Jordan Wallace tied for third place in the high jump with a height of 1.88 meters.
- Freshman Robert Reicher set a new school record in the hammer with a throw of 50.58 meters (165-11) to claim third place. The previous record was set by DJ Smith in 2011 with a toss of 164-7.
- Fulton and Wallace both placed fourth in the pole vault clearing a height of 3.50 meters.
- Senior Jeffrey Burkholder took sixth place in the shot put with a toss of 15.05 meters.
- Muskingum returns to action on Friday, March 30 at Wittenberg. Meet time is set for 4:00 p.m.