Apr 22, 2017
Junior Jeffrey Burkholder won the shot put to lead the Muskingum men's track and field team at the Twilight Invitational hosted by Otterbein University.
- Location: Westerville, Ohio - Memorial Stadium
- Results: Muskingum finished sixth in the 15 team field with 49 points. Ohio Dominican won the event with 96 points.
- Burkholder led the Muskies finishing first in the shot put with a toss of 15.12 meters.
- In the high jump, sophomore Blake Weidner finished second with a height of 1.86 meters.
- Junior Nick Despot claimed a second place finish in the javelin with a throw of 52.81 meters.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of junior Fred Stinson, freshman Logan Skolosh, freshman Doug McIntire and senior Corey Dillon finished fourth with a time of 3:40.09.
- Freshman Gino Carey finished fifth in the javelin with a toss of 39.86 meters.
- Stinson also teamed up with freshman Tristan Murphy, junior Devan Boyer and senior Desmond Waden to claim a sixth place finish in the 4x100-meter relay with a time of 44.93.
- In the 400-meter dash, Stinson finished sixth with a time of 51.65.
- Senior Andre Buffington finished sixth in the hammer throw with a pitch of 42.59 meters, while sophomore Zachary Fuhrer took sixth in the javelin with a throw of 39.75 meters.
- Burkholder also captured a seventh-place finish in the discus with a pitch of 40.52 meters.
- Muskingum returns to action Friday, April 28-Saturday, April 29 as they host the Ohio Athletic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships at McConagha Stadium.