Sep 23, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team beat Bluffton on Sunday afternoon, 4-1.
- Records: Muskingum (3-4), Bluffton (1-6)
- Location: Bluffton, Ohio
- Attendance: 100
- Game Duration: 1:55
- The win marked the third straight victory for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Tre Boger guided the Muskies in scoring with two goals.
- Senior Mitchell Corey recorded four shots and one goal.
How It Happened
- Muskingum took the lead in the first half off a Bluffton own goal in the 28th minute.
- Sophomore Tre Boger opened the second half with a quick score off a pass from freshman Blake Weatherholt, making it 2-0.
- Senior Mitchell Corey, assisted by senior Chase Michael Hilliard, fired a shot past the keeper in the 54th minute, extending the Muskie lead to 3-0.
- Dalton Taynor managed a goal for the Beavers in the 86th minute to shorten Muskingum's advantage to 3-1.
- Sophomore Tre Boger scored the final goal in the 89th minute to secure the Muskie win.
- Muskingum and Bluffton each had 14 shots.
- Senior keeper Josh Routte played the opening 78 minutes in frame and made five saves during the contest.
- Hunter Fleck finished the game between the pipes for the Beavers. He recorded six saves and allowed four goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Washington & Jefferson at the North Athletic Turf Field on Wednesday, September 26. Game time is slotted for 7:00 p.m.