The Muskingum men's soccer team will travel to Columbus on Wednesday to take on Capital at 7:00 p.m. and then hosts Baldwin Wallace during Homecoming Weekend on Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 11: Muskingum at Capital – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video at athletics.capital.edu).
Saturday, October 14: Muskingum vs Baldwin Wallace – 4:00 p.m. (Live Stats at fightingmuskies.com).
- Muskingum lost, 4-0, at OAC foe Otterbein on Saturday.
- The Muskies are 2-9-1 overall and 0-3 in the OAC.
- Midfielder Johnny Aisthorpe leads the team in total points with 15 (six goals, three assists). In the OAC, he is seventh in goals (6) and total points (six goals, three assists).
- Midfielder Drew Wise has tabbed five assists to lead the squad.
- Goalkeeper Josh Routte has tallied 35 saves in the frame this season. He ranks sixth in the conference in saves.
- Muskingum last beat Capital in 2011 by the final score of 2-1 at home.
- Capital played on the road against OAC opponent Ohio Northern on Saturday and won 2-1.
- The Crusaders are 8-4 overall and 2-1 in the OAC.
- Senior goalkeeper Justin Niswonger has collected five shutouts, 42 saves, and holds a 1.13 goals-against average. He ranks fourth in the OAC in saves and is one of five goalkeepers who have notched five plus shutouts.
- Junior Chewy Gordon leads CU in goals (five) and is first in total points (five goals, one assist).
- Sophomore Greg Know is ranked first on the team in assists with four.
- The team has registered five shutouts this season.
- Earlier in the season, Capital upset the then #3 NCAA Division III school the University of St. Thomas (Minn.) by the final score of 2-1.
- Baldwin Wallace and Wilmington went into double overtime on Saturday with the outcome of a 3-3 tie.
- The Yellow Jackets are 4-7-2 overall and 0-2-1 in OAC action.
- Sophomore Danny Ruple is first on the team in total points with 32 (13 goals, six assists) and goals (13). He is first in the OAC in goals and tied for first in total points. He ranks 14th in NCAA Division III in total points and 16th in goals.
- Sophomore Timmy Jonas is first on the team and third in the OAC in assists (seven).
- Goalkeeper's Ryan Asbury and Patrick Mehal have split time in the frame for the Yellow Jackets. Asbury has appeared in eight games and has collected 20 saves, while Mehal has appeared in six games and has grabbed 29 saves.
- As a team, they have notched 24 assists and 28 goals which is third and tied for fourth, respectively, in the OAC.