The Muskingum men's soccer team hosted rival Marietta at North Athletic Turf Field on Tuesday afternoon. After a 0-0 deadlock at intermission, Marietta went on to score three goals, to Muskingum's one, to secure the 3-1 victory.
- Records: Muskingum (2-8-1 overall, 0-2 OAC), Marietta (8-2-1 overall, 2-0 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- The Pioneers played most of the first half down in Muskie territory, outshooting Muskingum, 14-3. It stayed at a 0-0 deadlock at intermission.
- Marietta landed first on the scoreboard at the 54-minute marker off a lower right corner goal from Cole Pappas.
- Five minutes later, Marietta's Tom Sloan snuck past the defense to blast a goal in the lower right corner to increase the lead, 2-0.
- Chase Michael Hilliard would cut the deficit at the 65-minute marker when he flew past the defender to notch a goal in the lower left corner. He has now scored in back-to-back games.
- Marietta would secure the 3-1 victory at the 71-minute marker when Brent Huck tallied a goal in the lower right corner of the net.
- Goalkeeper Josh Routte played all 90 minutes in the frame and grabbed seven saves.
- Marietta's goalkeeper Tyler Sholl saw 90 minutes of action in the frame and added one save.
- Muskingum returns to action on Saturday, October 7 at Otterbein. Kick-off will start at 1:00 p.m.