Sep 16, 2017
Muskingum freshman Johnny Aisthorpe scored the game-winning goal in the 94th minute to propel the Muskies to a thrilling 2-1 overtime win at Waynesburg on Saturday night.
- Records: Muskingum (2-4-1 overall), Wayneburg (1-2-1 overall)
- Location: Waynesburg, Pennsylvania - Wiley Stadium
- The win was the second straight for the Muskeis.
- Muskingum has scored 13 goals in its last three games.
How It Happened
- Muskingum sophomore Drew Wise opened the scoring in the 52nd minute. The strike was his first career goal.
- Waynesburg's Justin Burberl tied the contest in the 80th minute.
- Freshman Johnny Aisthorpe scored the game-winning goal in the 94th minute to lift the Muskies to the overtime win. He ended the outing with three shots and now leads the team with five goals.
- Junior Mitchell Corey added three shots to help aid the Muskie attack.
- Muskingum ended the evening with a 19-6 advantage in shots, including 11 on frame.
- The Muskies also held an 8-5 edge in corner kicks.
- Junior goalie Daniel Jennings played the entire game in frame and made three saves and allowed one goal.
- Adam Dolan played in goal for the Yellow Jackets and made four saves and allowed two goals.
- Muskingum next plays at Geneva on Saturday, September 23. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.