Feb 28, 2018
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team opened its 2018 campaign with a 12-7 loss at Hiram on Wednesday night.
- Records: Muskingum (0-1 overall), Hiram (1-1 overall)
- Location: Hiram, Ohio
- Game Length: 2:09
Inside the Numbers
- The Muskies and Terriers ended the first quarter at a 1-1 tie.
- Hiram busted out three goals in the second quarter, while Muskingum registered one to make it a 4-2 contest at the half.
- The Terriers scored two goals in the first three minutes of the third quarter to push their lead to 6-2.
- Muskingum followed up with two goals of their own to get within two, 6-4.
- In the final two minutes of the third quarter, Hiram notched a goal at the 1:49 marker and with 23-seconds left, while Muskingum tallied a goal with 1:37 on the clock. The Terriers led 8-5 at the end of the frame.
- The Muskies began the fourth quarter with a goal by Ryan Stacey to cut the Terriers lead to, 8-6.
- In the final nine minutes of the game, Hiram outscored Muskingum 4-1 to seal the victory.
- Senior Tucker Haas, senior Zach Kern, and junior Ryan Stacey notched two goals each to lead the Muskies, while Haas also collected six ground balls.
- Senior Ohlen Rudy led the squad with six caused turnovers and a team-best seven ground balls.
- Senior goalie Phillip Dappen played all 60 minutes in the frame and made 13 saves.
- Nick Rollason led Hiram with four goals, while Tim Stucky added three goals.
- Goalie Keagan Finegan saw 60 minutes of action in the frame and recorded nine saves for the Terriers.
- The Muskies will welcome Adrian to the North Athletic Turf Field on Saturday, March 3 for a 1:00 p.m. contest.