Mar 07, 2017
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team slipped in its first road game of the season at Thiel on Tuesday afternoon, 18-5.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1 overall), Thiel (4-0 overall)
- Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania - R-S Dome
Inside the Numbers
- Thiel jumped out to a 3-0 margin en route to taking a 7-2 lead at the end of the first quarter.
- The Tomcats continued to hold the momentum in the second quarter and took a 12-4 advantage into the break.
- Thiel sealed the game in the third frame by outscoring the Muskies 6-0.
- Muskingum was led by junior Tucker Haas who scored a team-best three goals.
- Freshman Nick Klinefelter and junior Kyle Baker each scored one goal
- In frame, junior Phillip Dappen recorded 16 saves.
- As a team, Muskingum fired off 25 shots and collected 28 ground balls.
- Thiel was led Edward Kargbo with four goals.
- Charles Wistner notched the win in frame making seven saves and allowing four goals in 30 minutes of work.
- The Tomcats finished the contest with 67 shots and 41 ground balls.
- The Muskies return to action Saturday, March 11 at Adrian. Game time is set for 12:00 p.m