Mar 01, 2017
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team staged a fourth-period comeback scoring five goals over a three-minute span to rally past Hiram on Wednesday evening at McConagha Stadium.
- Records: Muskingum (1-0 overall), Hiram (0-1 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
Inside the Numbers
- With 1:49 to play, sophomore Ryan Stacey sparked the Muskingum offense as it erupted for the final five goals of the contest.
- Trailing 10-9 with 2 seconds remaining, junior Andrew Ward fired off the game-tying shot beating the goalie and forcing overtime.
- In extra time, Muskingum won the draw and attacked the Terrier defense as sophomore Jake Stewart delivered the game-winning goal to seal the exciting come from behind victory.
- Muskingum trailed by as much as four in the contest.
- Muskingum was led by junior Tucker Haas tying a game-high three goals.
- Freshman Nick Klinefelter, Stacey and Ward all had two goals each.
- In frame, junior Phillip Dappen recorded 15 saves and moved to 1-0 overall on the season.
- As a team, Muskingum fired off 42 shots and collected 38 ground balls.
- Hiram was led Tim Stucky with three goals.
- McNair Shaw took the loss in goal making 19 saves and allowing 11 goals.
- The Terriers finished the contest with 39 shots and 32 ground balls.
- The Muskies return to action Tuesday, March 7 at Thiel. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.