- Records: Muskingum (6-7 overall, 2-4 OAC), Ohio Northern (4-9 overall, 0-6 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Senior Jalen Paige guided the Muskies' offense with 14 points and five assists.
- Senior Devon Peart tallied 14 points and hauled in eight rebounds.
- Sophomore Tyler Bardall notched nine points.
- Junior Cameron Miller added eight points and collected three rebounds.
- As a team, the Muskies went 21-for-57 (36.8%) from the field and 11-for-36 from the arc (30.6%).
- Ryan Bruns led Ohio Northern's offense with 17 points while Daniel Donner put up 12 points.
- Ohio Northern made 36.4% of their shots (20-for-55), went 5-for-24 from the arc (20.8%), and ended the contest shooting 7-for-7 from the free-throw line (100.0%).
- Muskingum started off strong with a 25-9 run after freshman Trey Singleton hit a three-pointer with 11:43 left in the first half. Bruns hit a jumper to halt the Muskies' momentum and make it 25-11 with 10:40 on the clock. Then, Peart knocked down two free throws, igniting a 14-2 span to give the Muskies a 28-point advantage at the 4:55 juncture. The Polar Bears retaliated with a 9-2 spurt, decreasing the deficit to 21 points (41-20) with 2:15 left in the half. Muskingum maintained a sturdy lead during the final two minutes and went into the break in front of Ohio Northern (47-27).
At the start of the second half, Ohio Northern scored eight unanswered points, making it 47-35 with 16:56 remaining. Miller drained a triple to end the Polar Bears' run and spark a 10-3 burst for the Muskies, making it 57-38 with 12:56 to play. Over the next six minutes, Ohio Northern used a 12-3 run to cut Muskingum's lead down to 10 points (60-50). Senior captain Jayson Peoples ended the Polar Bears' run when he sank a jumper off an assist from freshman Carson Carter to put the Muskies up (62-50) with 3:50 left in the game. Muskingum stayed in control and won the game (64-52).
Muskingum next travels to Mount Union on Wednesday, January 9. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.