The Muskingum men's basketball team was defeated, 81-64, at Mount Union on Wednesday night.
- Records: Muskingum (8-14 overall, 6-9 Ohio Athletic Conference), Mount Union (11-11 overall, 7-8 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Alliance, Ohio – The MAAC
Inside the Numbers
- Marcus Dempsey led the Muskies offense with 23 points.
- Devon Peart and Jayson Peoples each netted nine points.
- Jalen Paige chipped in eight points.
- Jacob Geller and Rashay Douglas each grabbed a team-high four rebounds.
- Muskingum shot .369 (24-of-65) from the field, made eight three-pointers, and went 8-for-11 at the free throw line (.727).
- JJ Kukura exploded with a team-high 30 points and 15 rebounds for the Raiders.
- Tommy Stenger came off the bench to score 18 points.
- Mount Union ended the game shooting an impressive .541 (33-of-61) from the field, made nine three-pointers, and went 6-for-9 (.667) from the free throw line.
Muskingum got within one point on five different occasions in the opening 10 minutes of the first half. Mount Union then started going on a scoring spree as they outscored the Muskies 15-2 to hold the largest led of the stanza, 32-18, with 6:17 to go. The Muskies netted 11 points, which included three trey's, one from Peoples and two from Paige, to cut the deficit down to 36-29 with 2:12 left. The Raiders closed out the half by scoring seven straight points to lead 43-29 at intermission. Mount Union's JJ Kukura scored 21 points in the first half.
Back-to-back baskets by Dempsey got the Muskies back within ten points, 43-33, in the first two minutes of the second half. From there, the Raiders flourished on the offensive end as they held a double-digit lead the rest of the game to seal the win. Mount Union shot .533 from the field in the second half.
- Muskingum will continue conference play on the road as they travel to Westerville, Ohio to take on Otterbein. Tip-off is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.