The Muskingum men's basketball team will hit the road this week to face Ohio Athletic Conference opponents Mount Union on Wednesday, February 7 at 7:00 p.m. and Otterbein on Saturday, February 10 at 2:00 p.m.
Game 1: Muskingum at Mount Union- 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Audio/Video: athletics.mountunion.edu).
Game 2: Muskingum at Otterbein- 2:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: otterbeincardinals.com).
Records: Muskingum 8-13 overall, 6-8 OAC, Mount Union 10-11 overall, 6-8 OAC, Otterbein 1-20 overall, 1-13 OAC
- On Saturday, the Muskingum men's basketball team held a 17-point advantage over Ohio Northern at intermission, but the Polar Bears rallied back late in the second half to take the 82-69 win in the Anne C. Steele Center.
- The Muskies are tied for sixth in the OAC standings with a 6-8 record.
- Muskingum has beaten two top-25 ranked schools at home this season. Muskingum defeated then 22nd-ranked Baldwin Wallace, 91-78, on December 9, 2017, and then 23rd-ranked John Carroll last Saturday.
- Dempsey is ranked first in the conference and third in Division III in points per game (30.0). His career/season-high is 57 points, which set the school record for points scored in a game at Oberlin on December 30, 2017. He is making 51.4% of his shots from the field (222-of-432) and 42.3% from the arc (66-of-156). Dempsey is also dishing out 2.5 assists per game and grabbing 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Peart is averaging 12.3 points per game and has registered double-digit scoring in 12 contests this season.
- Muskingum has scored 70 or more points in all but one game this season.
- Overall, the Muskies are third in scoring offense (84.4 points per game) and free throw percentage (.761), and fourth in steals per game (6.5) in the OAC. In addition, the team is snagging 32.8 rebounds per game and dishing out 10.0 assists per game.
- Earlier this season, Muskingum defeated both Otterbein, 76-71, and Mount Union, 97-89, at home.
- Mount Union lost on the road to Capital, 86-74, on Saturday.
- The Raiders are tied for sixth in the league standings with a 6-8 record.
- Three Mount Union players are averaging double-digit scoring: Senior JJ Kukura (18.1), sophomore Nathan Bower-Malone (14.2), and sophomore D'Vontay Friga (10.1).
- Kukura is ranked sixth, while Bower-Malone is 13th in points per game in the OAC.
- Kukura is also grabbing a team-high 6.4 rebounds per game, which is sixth best in the league.
- Bower-Malone is dishing out 4.0 assists per game, which is fourth best in the league.
- The Raiders are fourth in the OAC in assists per game (14.4). In addition, the team is averaging 78.5 points per game, tossing out 14.4 assists per game, and grabbing 34.9 rebounds per game.
- On Saturday, Otterbein fell to Baldwin Wallace on the road, 76-61.
- The Cardinals have faced five top-10 teams this season.
- Freshman Justin Carter is leading the team in scoring with 13.1 points per game.
- Junior Connor Clark leads the squad in rebounds per game, grabbing 5.3.
- Freshman Gabe Watson is eighth in the league in assists per game, averaging 3.1.
- The Cardinals are averaging 67.6 points per game, dishing out 10.3 assists per game, snagging 32.1 rebounds per game, and are fifth in the OAC in steal per game (6.4).