The Muskingum men's basketball team fell in their first Ohio Athletic Conference contest of the season at John Carroll, 115-74, on Saturday evening
- Records: Muskingum (1-4 overall, 0-1 OAC), John Carroll (5-0 overall, 1-0 OAC)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio – Anne C. DeCarlo Center
Inside the Numbers
- Devon Peart paced the Muskie offense with 15 points and grabbed a career-high seven rebounds.
- Marcus Dempsey tallied 10 points and three rebounds.
- Cameron Miller and Rashay Douglas each added eight points, while Miller collected five rebounds.
- As a team, the Muskies went 23-for-58 from the field, 6-for-24 from the arc, and 22-for-28 at the free throw line.
- Five Blue Streak players netted double-digit scoring.
- Matthew Csuhran led all scorers with 25 points, while John Cirillo and Allen Stokes each added 18 points, Antonio Vuyancih chipped in 15 points, and Jimmy Berger had 10 points.
- The Blue Streaks made 45.4% of their shots, 42.9% of their three pointers, and ended the contest hitting 83.3% of their free throws.
John Carroll jumped out to an 18-2 lead through the opening eight minutes of play. The hosts continued to pour on the points as they shot 44% (22-of-50) from the floor in the first to lead, 54-28, at the half.
The Blue Streaks dominance continued in the second half as they hit 14-of-30 (46.7%) from the field en route to winning the opening OAC contest.
- Muskingum will return to the Anne C. Steele Center to hosts Capital on Thursday, December 7 for an 8:00 p.m. tip-off.