Dec 31, 2016
- Records: Muskingum (8-3 overall), Bluffton (8-2 overall)
- Location: Bluffton, Ohio - Sommer Center
- The two teams exchanged points for several minutes before a three-pointer by senior Rickey Wilson with 11:04 to play gave the Muskies its largest lead of the half, 18-12.
- Bluffton came storming back tying the contest at 18-18 following back-to-back layups.
- Freshman Marcus Dempsey responded connecting on back-to-back baskets to put the Muskies on top 27-24 with 6:00 remaining.
- The Beavers held Muskingum to just four points in the final five minutes to knot the contest at 34-34 entering the break.
- Dempsey led the Muskies in the first half with a team-high 11 points, shooting 4-for-8 (.500) from the field.
- As a team, Muskingum shot 13-for-27 (.481) from the field and 4-for-12 (.333) from three-point land.
- Austin Rohde led the way for Bluffton recording 11 points.
- The Beavers shot 15-for-31 (.484) from the field.
- Bluffton surged ahead in the second half using a series of scores in the paint to take the 48-43 lead with 13:54 remaining.
- The Muskies stole the momentum as junior Jacob Geller connected from downtown putting Muskingum on top 51-50 with 12:24 to play.
- With 6:05 remaining, the Beavers pulled within two before a jumper by Wilson and a tip-in from Keyes extending the lead to 68-62.
- Bluffton would regain the lead for good with 2:58 to play following a layup by Martin Maksvytis.
- The Beavers out scored Muskingum 47-45 in the second half en route to the victory.
- Muskingum shot 17-for-32 (.531) from the field and 8-for-11 (.727) from the free throw line.
- Keyes and Marsh earned all-tournament team honors.
- Dempsey led the way for the Muskies netting a team-high 20 points and pulling down six rebounds.
- Sophomore Devon Peart chipped in 16 points, while Keyes added 10 points and nine rebounds.
- Muskingum finished the contest shotting 30-for-59 (.508) from the field and 7-for-22 (.318) from three-pointer.
- Rhode led the way for the Beavers posting a game-high 29 points, while Jared Wentling chipped in 18 points.
- The Muskies return to action Wednesday, January 4 when they welcome Ohio Athletic Conference foe Marietta to the Anne C. Steele Center. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 PM.