Apr 22, 2017
The Muskingum baseball team dropped a doubleheader against Ohio Athletic Conference foe John Carroll on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Streaks won the opener 8-3 and claimed the nightcap, 11-8.
- Records: Muskingum (14-18 overall, 5-8 OAC), John Carroll (12-16 overall, 5-6 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Mose Morehead Field
- Muskingum was led at the plate by sophomore Marc Ibarra going 3-for-3 with two home runs.
- Senior Dallas Allen finished the contest 3-for-4 with a RBI.
- Senior Brandon Bush dealt the loss for the Muskies pitching five complete innings allowing five runs on seven hits.
- Dominic Mittiga led the Blue Streaks at the dish going 3-for-5 with four RBI's and three runs scored.
- Jake Servidio claimed the win on the mound pitching five complete innings surrendering two runs on five hits.
- John Carroll plated the game's first run in the top of the first inning following a RBI by Mittiga, 1-0.
- The Muskies tied the contest in the bottom of the second inning as Allen hit a RBI single to third, 1-1.
- The Blue Streaks regained the lead in the top of the fourth inning as they plated two runs, 3-1.
- Ibarra homered in the bottom half of the inning to cut the JCU deficit, 3-2.
- John Carroll extended its lead plating two runs in the fifth inning, one in the seventh inning and two in the eighth en route to the win.
- Sophomore Michael Pagano led the Muskies at the plate going 3-for-4 with three RBI's and a home run.
- Sophomore Ben Van Wey finished the game 1-for-5 with two RBI's.
- Muskingum scored eight runs on 11 hits.
- Sophomore Evan Hinds took the loss on the mound pitching five innings allowing six runs on 10 hits.
- John Carroll was led by Aaron Zawadzki going 3-for-5 at the dish with four RBI's and a run scored.
- Cameron Mayle collected the win for the Blue Streaks surrendering five runs on six hits.
- The Blue Streaks jumped out to the 5-0 lead before the Muskies responded in the bottom half of the fourth inning following a sacrifice fly by junior Eddie Harper, 5-2.
- John Carroll added another run in the fifth inning, 6-2.
- The Muskies matched it in the bottom half of the inning as Pagano homered off the scoreboard, 6-3.
- The Blue Streak offense continued to produce runs scoring three in the top of the sixth inning, one in the seventh inning and one in the eighth inning to capture the win.
- Muskingum returns to action Tuesday, April 25 at Wittenberg. First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.