Apr 19, 2017
The 28-ranked Mount Union Purple Raiders blanked the Muskies in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Wednesday afternoon. Mount Union won the opener 7-0 and claimed the nightcap, 4-0.
- Records: Muskingum (14-16 overall, 5-7 OAC), Mount Union (24-6 overall, 13-1 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Mose Morehead Field
- Muskingum was led at the plate by senior Matt Lynn going 2-for-3.
- Sophomore Ben Van Wey finished the contest 2-for-4.
- Sophomore Patrick McGinty dealt the loss for the Muskies pitching 5.1 innings allowing seven runs on 11 hits.
- Conner Koski led the Mount Union offense going 1-for-4 with two RBI's and a run scored.
- On the mound, Phil Mary collected the win throwing eight scoreless innings surrendering six hits.
- The Purple Raiders plated a run in the top of the first inning and one in the second inning to take the early 2-0 advantage.
- In the top of the sixth inning, Mount Union busted the game wide open following a Muskie miscue to capture the win.
- Lynn led the Muskies at the dish going 1-for-3.
- Van Wey, senior Joe Shumar and sophomore Marc Ibarra all finished the contest 1-for-4.
- On the mound, sophomore Darien Smith took the loss for the Muskies pitching 5.2 innings allowing three runs on six hits.
- Nick Satovich led the Purple Raider attack going 2-for-4 with a RBI and two runs scored.
- Noah Skladan claimed the win throwing a complete game shutout.
- The Mount Union attack struck in the top of the fourth inning as Satovich recorded a RBI single, 2-0.
- The Purple Raiders tacked on an insurance run in the sixth inning and one in the ninth inning en route to the win.
- Muskingum returns to action Thursday, April 20 as they host Denison. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.