Apr 14, 2017
The Muskingum baseball team and Ohio Northern split an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader on Friday at Wander Field. The Muskies won the opener 5-2 and dropped the nightcap, 12-1.
- Records: Muskingum (12-14 overall, 5-5 OAC), Ohio Northern (13-14 overall, 4-6 OAC)
- Location: Ada, Ohio - Wander Field
- Muskingum was led at the plate by junior Eddie Harper going 3-for-4 with a RBI and two runs scored.
- Senior Joe Shumar finished the game 1-for-4 with a RBI.
- The Muskies scored five runs on 11 hits.
- On the mound, sophomore Patrick McGinty claimed the win pitching seven innings surrendering two runs on eight hits.
- The Polar Bear offense was led by Kyle Schlade going 2-for-4 with a RBI.
- Devin Carr dealt the loss for the Polar Bears pitching 7.1 innings allowing four runs on 10 hits.
- Muskingum struck first as Harper scored on a Polar Bear miscue in the top of the first inning to claim the 1-0 advantage.
- Ohio Northern rallied tying the contest in the bottom of the second inning, 1-1.
- The Muskies responded scoring another run in the top of the fifth inning as senior Matt Lynn scored on a RBI double by Harper, 2-1.
- The Polar Bears tied the contest once more in the bottom of the seventh, 2-2.
- Muskingum continued to pressure the Polar Bears scoring two runs in the top of the eighth and one run in the ninth inning to claim the win.
- Muskingum was led at the plate by sophomore Nate Mejia and Lynn going 2-for-4.
- Sophomore Kyle Gannon took the loss for the Muskies pitching one inning surrendering four runs on two hits.
- As a team, Muskingum scored one run on six hits.
- The Polar Bears were led at the dish by Schlade going 2-for-3 with three RBI's.
- Jack Schaller claimed the win for ONU throwing four innings surrendering one run on three hits.
- Ohio Northern jumped to the early 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning.
- The Muskies bright spot came in the top of the second inning as senior Dallas Allen scored on a passed ball, 2-1.
- The Polar Bears offense erupted in the bottom of the fourth inning scoring seven runs on six hits en route to the win.
- Muskingum returns to action Monday, April 17 as they host Bethany. First pitch is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.