Apr 12, 2017
The Muskingum baseball team ran past Capital in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Wednesday. The Muskies won the opener 11-6 and took the night cap, 8-4.
- Records: Muskingum (11-13 overall, 4-4 OAC), Capital (14-12 overall, 3-5 OAC)
- Location: Columbus, Ohio - Clowson Field
- Muskingum was led at the plate by sophomore Ben Van Wey going 2-for-5 with three RBI's and two runs scored.
- Senior Joe Shumar finished the game 2-for-6 with two RBI's.
- The Muskies scored 11 runs on 13 hits.
- On the mound, senior Brandon Bush collected the win pitching six innings allowing four runs on 10 hits.
- Capital was led in the game by Daniel Walters going 4-for-5 with two RBI's.
- The Crusaders scored six runs on 14 hits.
- Muskingum jumped out to the early 2-0 advantage in the top of the first inning as junior Eddie Harper stole home.
- Capital responded taking the lead in the bottom of the fifth, 4-3.
- The Muskies rallied adding two runs in the top of the sixth inning and five in the seventh inning led by Van Wey with a single to left center, 10-4.
- Muskingum added an insurance run in the top of the eighth to claim the win.
- Shumar led the Muskies in game two going 2-for-4 with four RBI's.
- DeVore went 2-for-5 with a RBI at the plate.
- Sophomore Evan Hinds recorded the win for Muskingum throwing 8.1 innings allowing three runs on 10 hits.
- Capital was led by Brett Colburn going 3-for-4 with a RBI.
- Ross Thompson dealt the loss for the Crusaders pitching 5.2 innings surrendering three runs on five hits.
- Muskingum broke a scoreless tie in the top of the sixth inning as senior Austin DeVore, senior A.J. Kazmierczak and senior Dallas Allen all recorded RBI's, 3-0.
- Muskingum tacked on three more runs in the top of the seventh and two in the ninth en route to the sweep.
- Muskingum returns to action Friday, 14 as they travel to Ohio Northern. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.