Apr 09, 2017
Penn St.-Behrend capitalized on a pair of Muskingum miscues in the seventh inning to sink the Muskies, 3-2.
- Records: Muskingum (9-13 overall), Penn St.-Behrend (13-10 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Mose Morehead Field
- Weather: Sunny and 70 degrees
Inside the Numbers
- The Muskies plated two runs on a game-high eight hits.
- Senior Joe Shumar led Muskingum at the plate going 1-for-4 with a RBI.
- Freshman Josh Bigrigg took the loss throwing three complete innings allowing one run on two hits.
- Penn St.-Behrend was led by Ben Ramey going 1-for-2 with a RBI.
- The Lions tallied three runs on five hits.
- Eric Mikulan recorded the win on the mound pitching 2.2 innings with one strikeout.
- Penn St.-Behrend struck first in the top of the second inning following a RBI by Ramey, 1-0.
- Muskingum responded in the bottom half of the inning as freshman Holden Martin hit a sacrifice fly scoring senior Dallas Allen.
- The Muskies claimed the lead in the bottom of the third inning as senior Matt Lynn scored on an error by the Lions, 2-1.
- Penn St.-Behrend rallied tying the contest in the fifth inning and scoring the winning run in the seventh inning following a pair of Muskie miscues.
- Muskingum returns to action Tuesday, April 11 at Capital. First pitch is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.